PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone have experience of cruising from Tenerife?

denver
17-11-2012, 21:58
Has any one had experience of Cruising from Tenerife especially with Thomson. I have never been on a Cruise but thinking of going in February. Any information would be appreciated.

junglejim
17-11-2012, 22:11
We did it about 3 yrs ago - booked direct with Thomson - bus up to Santa Cruz ( we stayed for a couple of nights at Plaza Espana) then walked across to register and board .
Good value at time though the all inclusive package for drinks wasn't value for us as we didn't drink all the time! the prices were reasonable . We booked fairly late on as prices dropped .
Food wise was excellent service and evening in restaurant if you wanted was really good - staff were first class.
We did two weeks so knew what to expect 2nd time - the only place I didn't like was Agadir where the taxi tries to take you to his favourite bazaar - the Souk didn't look inviting - has a lovely beachfront .
The rest of the islands were good to see if you were prepared to get out and about and make the effort .
Would recommend it as something different though entertainment can vary in quality there is still plenty on board to do.

dede
18-11-2012, 09:07
We love it, this will be our forth go in january although its on the majesty this year and all the others have been on the destiny. One week is enough though as your bursting at the seems with all the lovely food they supply. Well worth the money, go for it you wont be disappointed..

denver
18-11-2012, 19:25
Thank you Dede. Sounds good but as the other half is allways 'TRYING' to slim would it be a good idea ??? I supose I could allways drag her away from the food.

Was it Thompsons you went with ?

Cheers
Denver

dede
18-11-2012, 20:23
Hi Denver, yes it is Thompson's that we go with, but it dosnt matter if you watch what you eat because they provide a very healthy menu, the salad bar is to die for in the self service. ooooo im salivating now, cant wait for january.....Just go for it i bet you wont be disappointed..

penelope pitstop
18-11-2012, 20:39
Went twice from Tenerife several years ago on the Destiny. Have since been told that the ship they use now is like a glorified ferry!

dede
18-11-2012, 20:57
Went twice from Tenerife several years ago on the Destiny. Have since been told that the ship they use now is like a glorified ferry!
Well it dosnt look that way on the website . But I'll let you know first hand in january always best to judge yourself rather than listen to hearsay ...